NEW WILMINGTON BOROUGH POOL
Pool Phone 724-901-0007
Borough Office 724-946-8167
Park/Pool Chair: Susan Ligo 724-946-9299
2017 Pool Hours
Monday – Saturday 12:00 noon – 8:00 pm
Sunday 1:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Monday – Friday 11:00 am – 12:00 noon
GENERAL POOL RULES
- ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS ** NO RAIN CHECKS
- HEATED POOL IS NOT GUARANTEED
- Everyone must register before entering the bathhouse.
- Everyone entering the pool area must pay the daily rate or have a season pass.
- The pool will be closed during storms and when the temperature is below 60-65 degree range.
- The pool will be cleared for 30 minutes after thunder and lightning.
- The Pool Manager and Lifeguards are authorized to expel swimmers or park users for violations.
- Any child that has been expelled must bring a parent to confer with the pool staff prior to readmittance.
- After three (3) expulsions, violaters will not be permitted to return the rest of the current swimming season. Any person expelled has the right to appeal his/her case before the Park Committee of Borough Council.
- All children nine (9) years of age and under must be accompanied at all times by a responsible person sixteen (16) years of age or older. LIFEGUARDS ARE NOT BABYSITTERS!
- Children three (3) years of age and under may be in the pool area with an adult during the 15 minute adult swims. ONLY infants (children not yet walking) will be permitted during the 11:00 AM- 12:00 PM adult swims.
- There will be absolutely NO RUNNING or HORSEPLAY in the pool area, especially in the Zero Depth area. Foul language is NOT permitted in the pool or pool area. Swimmers/bathers will be expelled from the park/pool area by the Pool Manager for harassment of the pool staff or patrons.
- Pool Personnel are NOT responsible for personal property
- All swimmers WILL take a shower in the dressing room before entering the pool area. Those swimmers leaving the pool area to play in the park MUST shower before re-entering the pool area.
- Swimmers will wear proper swimsuits. Cutoff pants are banned. No one in street clothes will be permitted to remain in the pool area. SWIMSUITS MUST BE VISABLE TO LIFEGUARDS.
- The lifeguard room, lifeguard chairs and rescue equipment are for the exclusive use of the lifeguards.
- No food, chewing gum, beverage products or tobacco are allowed in the pool or pool area. Food containers & glass bottles are also prohibited. Anyone suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be permitted in the park or pool area.
- The required ratio of swimmers to lifeguards will be adhered to at all times. Once that ratio has peaked, no one else will be admitted. The Borough is not responsible if season pass holders or Borough residents are refused admittance.
- SWIM DIAPERS FOR BABIES & TODDLERS ARE REQUIRED!
- No lifevests, innertubes or inflatable supports.
- Long hair must be tied back, braided or worn under a bathing cap.
- There will be NO DIVING or jumping off the end of the platform, which is located in the middle of the pool, into the water or to the side of the pool.
- Do not use the slide unless you have permission of a lifeguard on duty.
- You must be able to swim the length of the deep end of the pool to be permitted to use the slides.
- Only one person at a time is permitted to go down the water slide, after it has been determined by the lifeguards they are capable of swimming.
- No lifevests or floatation devices are permitted on slides.
- Parents/Guardians are not permitted to catch their children at the bottom of the slides.
- All slide users must listen to the instructions of the lifeguard on duty.
All complaints or suggestions must be written and submitted to the Pool Manager and will be given to the Parks/Pool Committed Chairperson for review.
All swimmers are responsible for reading and observing rules for pool equipment as posted.
The rules are meant to protect the safety of all swimmers using the municipal pool.
ENJOY YOUR SUMMER!